Thursday, February 17, 2011

Pretty Pictures......

I know it's been awhile since I've blogged but boy once gardening season hit I was running around like a chicken with my head cut off.  Canning season began in the middle of gardening season and things are finally slowing down a bit.  They say a picture is worth a thousand words, so here's many thousand words......

View from my house

Freeranging chickens are SOOOO over-rated

Added to the goose flock when Ethel died and Archie bonded with the car.....Heaven help anyone who tried to drive the car!!

Hot Peppers planted in an old washer insert/drum thingy.  Pepper plants crave heat and this really helped to get them off to a great start.  Organic potting soil and loads of composted horse manure makes very happy peppers.

Grapevies and tomatoes declared war on each other.  Also sweet peppers and way in back is the raspberries. 

Enjoying some old sweet corn

Puckerdude and Grandma

If ya squint your eyes real tight ya might see the feral peacock's

Peacock feather

Pretty Mushroom, no clue what it is

Silly cat hunting mouse in the old/hard zuchini's.  Yup, I had to move LOTS of zuchini when the mouse dashed under them and the poor cat was heartbroken.  You can see the mouse making a break for it.  At one point the darn mouse jumped on my leg trying to get away from the cat.  I admit I did scream a little at that point.  Mouse went up a tree and got away...unfortunately.

Canning party.  Looks like this was a spaghetti sauce day.  I had soooo much fun and learned soooo much from these great people who I am truly greatful to consider friends.  Good friends are hard to find!

Thisbe/Dizzy and introducing Obie/Oberron who is a long-haired chihuahua

From Left to Right:  Puck, Dizzy, Obie, Angelbaby

Told ya I've been busy :)  Probably should get some better pics since I've reorganized the pantry and it looks alot better now.

No comments:

Post a Comment